Skibb Kidz Academy
Sarah delivers a 10-week coaching programme for local children that covers all aspects of the game of golf. The goal is to get the children out playing golf on the course as soon as they are able. The programme is fun and mindful of age so the skills taught will vary depending on the age group Sarah is working with. Sarah and all the volunteers at the golf club have completed the CGI child welfare and protection course and are all Garda vetted.
Sarah starts each lesson with a safety drill to make sure all children are aware of keeping each other safe and what to do if someone shouts “FORE”!
- Fun games for learning and understanding
- Golf techniques for all areas of the game from long game to putting
- Etiquette and rules
- Use of equipment
- Safety drills
- Playing the course under supervision
- Player of the lesson “badge” awarded for good behaviour and effort
- Sarah runs golfaccessprogram.com to integrate young players onto the course using a short course format. Awarding wrist bands and certificates
- A variety of age group Memberships
- Most improved player of the year
- Quiz night
- Summer Golf Camps in August
- Advice with buying golf equipment
- Monthly competitions with prizes
- Individual golf lessons
- Parents WhatsApp group
To find out more information call Sarah on +353 (0)838524917
Ladies Get into Golf Programme
Skibbereen Golf Club runs a very successful beginner ‘Get into Golf’ programme for ladies that is run over an 8 week period throughout the Summer months. It’s great fun and with Sarah making it entertaining too the nerves and newness to the game are quickly followed by laughter and new friends. If you’d like to find out more information on this year’s programme – Download PDF – Ladies GET INTO GOLF 8 week course 2021
Men’s Get into Golf Programme
The men’s ‘Get into Golf’ programme has a 4 week coaching format and then the participants will go out onto the course for the following 4 weeks with volunteer men’s section players. This includes putting, short game, irons and wood shots to enable participants to play on any course with confidence. If you’d like to find out more information on this year’s programme please download PDF for details 0 (Coming soon).